We are located at 1514 Regent Ave West., the same parking lot as Smitty’s.
Yes, a lot. Just don’t park in front of the matress store 😊.
Unfortunately – no. Our stations non-sharable for individual bookings. You have to book two stations if you want to play Virtual Reality Games with your friend/relative.
Booking is very easy! All bookings at Arena VR are done in advance through our online booking system or over the phone, using the following steps:
• Tell us the number of people attending.
• Pick your preferred date and time slot on our simple booking system
• Ensure each person attending has signed the Waiver (participants under 18 years of age must have their waiver signed by a parent/guardian online or on premises at the Arena VR before their VR session).
• Complete your payment – that’s it!
We accept many payment options!
For all bookings through our website, we accept the following:
• Visa and Visa Debit
• Apple/Google pay
• American Express
For walk-in bookings, we accept all debit and credit card transactions for bookings, cash also available as a payment option.
We recommend (especially for your first visit) that you arrive at least fifteen (10-15) minutes in advance of your booking, to review the setup process and even watch other customers in action!
Yes! Please sign our waiver prior to arrival to save time. All participants under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian signature. The link is here: https://waivers-ui.xola.com/templates/5d8ccdeeb5eed111f4d83097/preview
No problem! Cancellations and adjustments can be done by emailing or calling us.
The following schedule summarizes our cancellation and adjustments policy for standard, non-event bookings:
If you cancel:
• at least 48 hours in advance: you will receive a full refund for your booking or any player adjustments
• within 24 hours: you can reschedule your booking for a $5 rescheduling fee per participant
All players must abide by the following rules:
1. Be at least 7 years of age
2. Understand and sign the waiver. Parent or guardian signature required for players under the age of 18
3. Use socks within the VR station
4. Stay inside the VR boundaries at all times
5. Only one player per station, non-shareable
If your prescription is less than -3.00 and you can see more than 3 inches away very clearly, you don’t have to wear glasses while playing in virtual reality. If your prescription is more than -3.00 and you can’t see very clearly without glasses, you should wear contacts.
However, if you can’t do either, we can try to fit your glasses into the headset and make the experience as comfortable as possible. If you have large framed glasses (height of more than 2 inches and wider than 6 inches), then you’ll need contacts.
Lastly, the HTC Vive head-mounted display (HMD) features slots to allow the average pair of eyewear to fit inside while using the system.
Each participant will be operating one full VR station to themselves. At our facility, we have ten (10) VR stations. To play multiplayer games, just book the number of participants!
Absolutely! Certain software titles will enable you to join your friends in the game. You will be able to communicate with them through the built-in voice communications system, and see your friends’ actions performed by their avatars!
We have the largest content library in all of Winnipeg! With over 60 games and experiences, and unlimited game changes, we most definitely will have the VR experience for you!
Here are the game genres we may carry at our facility:
1. Multiplayer – Players interact with other players in the virtual game room and you can play against people from all over the world
2. Adventure – Understand what your mission is and try to complete it
3. Puzzle – Play through challenging puzzles, from beginner to expert
4. Action – Use a character of your choice to jump into the action and fight with enemies
5. Combat – Fight one on one with opponents, up close and personal
6. First Person Shooters – You are the protagonist and the game is viewed through your eyes
7. Sports – Work your way up through the various skill levels
8. Educational – Train in a variety of subjects using games to make learning fun
Virtual Reality is an immersive and stimulating experience and although age recommendations vary from one VR headset to another, we advise users to be at least 7 years of age. All of our guests under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult while any guest under the age of 18 must have an age of majority guardian who will need to sign a waiver on their behalf.
Technically, there is no minimum height, but users at least four (4) feet or taller will have a better VR experience. On the flip side, any guest who is seven (7) feet or taller may also experience a less-optimal VR experience.
Highly unlikely. Thanks, mostly, to our patented “stay on the carpet” system, you will have a very good sense of where you are located in real space while playing the VR content.
The optimal VR experience requires users to move their head and neck and have use of at least one hand to interact with the environment. At Arena VR, we can accommodate most skill, mobility and cognitive levels for a range of guests.
Be sure to consult your doctor before visiting Arena VR if you have pre-existing medical conditions (such as a heart ailment), conditions that affect your ability to safely perform physical activities, psychiatric conditions (such as anxiety disorders or post-traumatic stress disorder), or if you are pregnant or elderly.
You should avoid visiting Arena VR if you are sick, fatigued, under the influence of intoxicants/drugs, or are not feeling generally well, as it may exacerbate your condition.
As with any motion-related entertainment, some people may be susceptible to unexpected side-effects during the VR session.
Should you feel uneasy at any point, we ask that you stop the VR session and inform a Arena VR staff member promptly.
First of all we don’t have extremely violent games. But if you will find something in our games list (link to library) that you want to remove – it is very easy. Just let us know about it.
Of course we do Birthday Parties. I can say it’s a best Virtual Reality Birthday Party in Winnipeg. We have a variety of different Party Packages, for the different size of the groups (small or big). Different length of the session.
Easy! Just click this link and follow the instructions.
For our games and experiences, most content does require the use of at least one arm/wrist/hand in order to make selections, but we do have games with low sensory output, and that require little instructions.
The most required visually is vision in one eye.
Please note that our facility is located in the building that is not wheelchair accessible.
Otherwise, even those who are not playing VR can still join their group in our space and have fun experiencing the live action!
We are able to accommodate service animals. Other than that, our facility (as well as the building we are located in) does not allow pets on site.